New to this site...needing advice!

• I'm 18 and I just had my son he's 5 days old, and I had to have a c-section. Then I found out today I have an infection in my womb. My boyfriend is amazing and so helpful but I feel so bad that he is doing everything and working too. I want to be a good mom but i'm in so much pain. I feel so ocerwhelmed with everything going wrong and I don't feel like I have anyone who understands what I'm going through.

• It is natural to feel overwhelmed after having a baby....when things don't go smoothly (i.e the infection), that overwhelmed feeling gets even worse. Try to take it easy and let others help you right now. Just focus on getting better so you can be the best mom you can be. Let your boyfriend know how much you appreciate him...and congratulations on your new baby

• Thanks for the advice and I'll try to remeber it when I start stressing and feeling down. It's hard for me to do but I kno I need to let others help me I have always been such an independent person. I will work on it tho. Have a good day and thanks again.

• It's disappointing when the birth doesn't go as planned and then there are complications after.  I had a pretty traumatic delivery with my first, and it was hard after the birth because the delivery was so scary.  Just know that you can't control the outcomes.  Let people help you and enjoy your healthy baby!  When your baby is off for their first day of kindergarten this will be what you remember not the c-section or the infection!