10 month old no longer sleeps through the night, HELP!!!

• I'm a first time mom and pregnant again. My daughter has been such a great sleeper since she was born. At 4 months she slept at least 6 hours and in her own crib. A few weeks ago she began pulling herself up and since has not been sleeping soundly. She must be rocked to sleep and be completely asleep before being put down in her crib. She now wakes at least 3 to 4 times every night and wants to be rocked to sleep. I tried letting her cry but she stands in her crib and can cry for what seems like hours. Does anyone have any secrets, tips, or advice? Please help...

• At 10 months old, she is aware of the fact that you are not in the room with her. Unfortunately, the only thing I know is to let them cry it out. It will be a miserable couple of days, but luckily...that is all it lasts. Before trying this though, I would take her to your pediatrician and have them check her out to be sure she doesn't have an ear infection or something that is causing her to wake up more often. If he agrees that she is fine, then you can try letting her cry it out at night. Before that though, read up about how to do it...it will make the process a lot easier for you and her if you do.
  • I agree with MommyRN4 our doc gave us a packet on what to do, there was 3 nights of lots of lots of crying and little sleep, but it was all worth it she has slept threw the night ever sence, We had to put her in her bed and let her cry, every 15 min we could go to her door and remind her we love her and it was bed time and she needed to go to sleep and walk away within 15 seconds showing her no anger no frustraion also dont touch her dont give a kiss or hug or lay her back down, i know this sounds kinda mean and kinda harsh but it works, this is only one way to do it if it dosnt sound good to u then read online or talk to your doc about diffent options, feal free to ask if u have any questions

• Thank you, I finally got through a week of sleep!!! As you suggested it only took 3 days and I also did not touch her or lie her down. I found it upset her more. Thank you.

• I have a 10 month old as well and she is doing the exact same thing! She has slept well since she was born and now all of a sudden she is not sleeping, and cries when I put her down for a nap or for bed. I let her cry it out for about 5 minutes then go in and get her, we repeat the cycle 3 or 4 times but by the 4th round she will finally fall asleep. I don't know if that's the best option, but that's what works for us!  I also have what's called a 'Sleep Sheep' in her room. It plays soothing music for her to sleep to and it drowns out other noises in our home. I recommend getting it, it's been a life saver!! :-) Hope this help, Good luck!!