See what moms are talking about today
View or share your favorite baby photos
From pregnancy to motherhood, every mom has questions or could use some support. Join the conversation to learn from or help other moms just like you.
Join now to get nutritional guidance and up to $329* in benefits
What are the benefits of membership?
I’m sometimes stuck in a rut when it comes to meal planning. I want my child to experience a wide range of foods but often need help coming up with ideas. What are some healthy recipes that are simple enough for little kids to eat and enjoy? Please share your favorites! -- Julie, StrongMoms Facilitator
Something i like to make is pineapple chicken stir fry.. Your kids may or may not like it becasue it has visible vegetables. But to make it is as follows.
Ingredients (2-4 servings) (*= ingredients for breaded chicken)
1 1/2 C. Rice
2 Chicken Breast
1 small Onion
1 bell pepper
1 can pineapple chunks in juice
*1 C flour
salt to taste
pepper to taste
*1 tsp onion powder
*1 tsp garlic powder
*1 tsp paprika
1. in a bowl combine all ingredients with an asterisk, in another bowl beat an egg
2. Chop the chicken into 1 inch cubes then coat as follows (Flour, Egg, Flour).
3. Chop the carrots, slice the onion into rings, and slice the bell pepper into strips.
4. In a large skillet add 2 tbsp vegetable oil, when hot add the vegetables (do not add pineapple here) and cook until soft. then set aside in a bowl.
5. Meanwhile start the rice
6. When you remove the vegetables add the chicken to the pan and cook through on medium.
7. pour a small amount of the pineapple juice over the chicken and stir then add the cooked vegetables and pineapple chunks to the pan and warm through.
8. serve over the rice (We like adding a small amount of butter and soy sauce to the rice to give it more flavor)
*** for non breaded chicken***
skip step 1 and the coating portion of step two and follow all of the other steps. When you add the chicken to the pan season with some minced garlic, and sprinkle salt, pepper, and onion powder.
Anyway if you would like to try it let me know what you think...
Easiest Pot Roast Ever!!!Ready/????
1 3lb chuck roast
1 stick butter
handful of pepperochinis sliced
1 package of ranch dressing mix and 1 package of brown gravy mix
Throw all in crock pot and cook on high for 7-8 hours...Shred and enjoy!
Wow Brinny, this is delicious. If I try to cook this recipe I am quiet sure that my baby really love to eat this.
Yum!! Both recipes look delicious!! I'll be trying these out. :-) Thanks guys! I just made a really simple potato soup that was so good. It's pretty darn easy - give it a try!
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
Stir together flour and cream or half-and-half; stir into soup. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until hot. If desired, sprinkle bacon bits over each serving.Makes about 2 quarts
Another really good soup is Zuppa Tuscana. It's served at Olive Garden and is one of my favorite soups. I make it like this.
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 finely Chopped Onion
1/4 tsp Red pepper Flakes
1/2 Cup Real bacon bits
10 Cups Chicken broth or 10 Cups water and 7 chicken Bullion cubes
6 potatoes cleaned and diced into bite sized pieces
1 pound sage sausage
1 Bunch Kale torn
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1. In a large Pot Brown the sausage then remove from pan and refrigerate.
2. while sausage is browning chop the onion (and bacon and garlic if not already prepared).
3. Add a small amount of olive oil to the pot and cook the onion, garlic, bacon, and red pepper flakes over medium for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth or water and bullion cubes whichever you prefer.
5. Chop the potatoes and add to the pot and boil over medium-high until soft.
6.Add the sausage, Kale, and Heavy Cream to the pot and stir well. Taste and salt if needed.
7. Serve with Bread sticks.
That looks DELICIOUS, Brinny! I can't have cow's milk right now because my boy is sensitive too it and I'm nursing. I'm going to make this with coconut milk instead of cream - it's super thick and creamy. Thanks!!
No problem! being someone who loves to cook; I have an obscene amount of recipes that I absolutely love... so if you're ever in need of something fresh to put on the table just let me know. I have something for just about every meat... and even some vegetarian meals.
I love coconut milk and what a good idea instead of turning to soy or rice milk. I have a good recipe for a thai chicken soup-coconut milk as well, but that's not always the most soothing thing. Let me know if you are interested. :)
We just tried a new fish taco recipe tonight and it was a hit with everyone so here it is...
olive oil, white vinegar, lime juice, honey, minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, Old Bay seasoning, black pepper, hot sauce, 1 pound of cod, miracle whip, mayo, sugar, minced cilantro (optional), paprika, salt, garlic powder, ground chipotle chile, dried thyme, 1 roma tomato, shredded cabbage, taco shells (makes 8 tacos)
1. Make the marinade: In a medium bowl mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp white vinegar, 2 tbsp lime juice, 1 1/2 tsp honey, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp hot sauce. add in 1 pound of cod and cover with the marinade. Refrigerate 6- 10 hours
2. Mix the Dressing: In a small bowl mix together 1/4 cup miracle whip, 1/4 cup mayo, 2 tsp lime juice, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp minced cilantro (optional), 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp white vinegar, 1/2 tsp water, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp ground chipotle chile, pinch of dried thyme, pinch of cumin. Refrigerate at least one hour before use to allow seasonings to set in.
3. Cook the fish by grill or oven: place foil on heated racks and brush with olive oil. place marinated fish on top and cook until flaky. about 5 minutes depending on thickness.
4. prepare the toppings: chop 1 roma tomato, and slice cabbage into thin strips.
5. fill shells and top with the dressing.
That sounds so good. I may have to try that tonight!