See what moms are talking about today
View or share your favorite baby photos
From pregnancy to motherhood, every mom has questions or could use some support. Join the conversation to learn from or help other moms just like you.
Join now to get nutritional guidance and up to $329* in benefits
What are the benefits of membership?
Hi, my name is Terria and I have been a message board addict for 4 years now. I remember the first time I visited a parenting board there were so many acronyms that I had no idea what anyone was talking about. It didn’t take long before DH and ROFL were a natural part of my vocabulary. As a matter of fact (is there an acronym for that?) I was once filling out medical forms and put “DH” on the relationship line by my husband’s name. J Here is a list I compiled to make message board life a little easier for you newbies. Please feel free to add to my list!
· DH, DD, DS: Dear husband, daughter, son
· MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL: Mother, father, sister, and brother in law
· TTC: Trying to conceive
· POAS: Pee on a stick
· BFN/BFP: Big fat negative/positive
· SAHM: Stay at home mom
· WAHM: Work at home mom
· WOHM: Work out of home mom
· AF: Aunt Flo
· CIO: Cry it out
· PPD: Post partum depression
· FF: Formula fed
· BF: Breastfeed or breastfed
· TMI: Too much information
· OMG: Oh my goodness
· WTF: You will have to figure that one out on your own! J
· LOL: Laughing out loud
· IMO/IMHO: In my opinion/in my humble opinion
· ROFL: Rolling on floor laughing
· SO: Significant other
I see a lot of great ones in here , but don't forget the Dad's!
DW: Darling/Dear Wife
STAD: Stay at Home Dad
WAHD: Work at Home Dad
WOHD: Work out of Home Dad