Your baby's eyes begin to open
Week 28: Getting ready for 3rd trimester growth
You are now entering the 3rd trimester. As you begin the final stage of your pregnancy, here’s how your baby is developing:
- During the 28th week, your baby wants to see what's going on in his environment.
- Your baby is about 10 inches long — roughly the length of an average zucchini. He weighs about 2 pounds.
- His brain develops and grows in size.
- Your baby might open his eyes in utero.
- More fat accumulates under his skin.
- He continues to take 20- to 30-minute naps with some routine.
Your Week 28 nutrition and health
Power snacks for pregnancy
At 28 weeks pregnant, you've completed the 2nd trimester of your pregnancy. It’s important to take care of yourself — and your body. Pack some power into your snacks. For variety, try these nutrient- and energy-rich snack options:
- 1/2 cup of fresh vegetables with 1/4 cup of hummus
- 1 oz of low-fat cheese and 1/2 cup of fruit
- 4 oz of low-fat cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of fruit
- 4 oz of low-fat yogurt and 1/2 cup of fruit
- 1/2-oz of roasted nuts
- 1 Tbsp of peanut butter and one small apple
- ZonePerfect® Bars: nutrition when you’re on the go
Keep learning about your baby's development every week
- Expert nutrition guidance for your pregnancy
- Weekly updates on how your baby is developing and growing
- Up to $329† in membership benefits