Your baby is bulking up
Week 29: Get ready for a growth spurt
In Week 29 of pregnancy, your baby might best be described as long and strong.
- Your baby probably weighs almost 3 pounds. From crown to rump she is about 10 inches long, which is about the length of a large cucumber.
- Your baby's activity probably keeps getting stronger and more frequent during the 29th week of pregnancy. Hold on — some of your baby's jabs might even take your breath away.
- Your baby already might be within almost 3 inches of her birth length, although she still has weight to gain to fill out.
- During the next 11 weeks, she might more than double or almost triple her current weight.
Your Week 29 nutrition and health
Make sure you are getting enough vitamin C
You might have heard this repeated more than a few times during the last few months, but there is a very good reason. Vitamin C helps your body manufacture the connective tissues that repair and maintain blood vessels. This will be important as your body begins to repair itself after delivery.
Here are some vitamin-rich foods that will help you get your recommended 85 mg of vitamin C a day:
- 1 cup of strawberries (100 mg)
- 1 kiwifruit (70 mg)
- 1/2 cup broccoli, cooked (50 mg)
- 1/2 cup of sweet red bell peppers, raw (90 mg)
- 1/2 cup of cantaloupe (30 mg)
Here is some information about varicose veins:
- You might notice veins bulging and becoming visible as bluish or reddish lines beneath the surface of your skin, particularly on your legs and ankles.
- Varicose veins often can appear for the first time during pregnancy, usually in the 3rd trimester.
- Varicose veins might be sore or itchy. If either of these conditions persist, you should notify your doctor.
What to expect at your next doctor visit
You might be visiting the doctor when you're 29 weeks pregnant or in the next couple of weeks.
- This might be your last monthly visit.
- Your doctor might ask to see you every two weeks and then once a week until your delivery.
- Your doctor will continue to monitor your health and your baby's progress.
Keep learning about your baby's development every week
- Expert nutrition guidance for your pregnancy
- Weekly updates on how your baby is developing and growing
- Up to $329† in membership benefits