Similac® For Supplementation
Gentle nutrition to complement breastfeeding
Similac For Supplementation is the first Similac formula designed for breastfeeding moms who choose to supplement. It has more prebiotics than any other Similac formula, along with the same benefits as Similac Advance. Some moms may notice changes in stool patterns when introducing formula to a breastfeeding routine, and studies have shown that prebiotics produce softer stools more like those of breastfed infants.
—— 8 OUT OF 10 MOMS ——
who supplemented with formula agreed that it helped them continue to feed breast milk.*
Similac now has OptiGRO™
OptiGRO is our exclusive blend of DHA, Lutein and Vitamin E; these important ingredients are found in breast milk.
DHA for brain and eye development
Lutein to support eye health
Vitamin E an important nutrient found in breast milk to support developing cells
OptiGRO will be available in most Similac formulas.
Ready To Feed formula
It takes time for a baby’s digestive system to mature, so a fussy baby doesn’t have to mean switching formulas.
Before switching, try these suggestions:
- Use a different bottle or nipple.
- Use a different burping position.
- Adjust your body position.
- Feed your baby less formula at each feeding while her digestive system grows.
- Use liquid formula instead of powder.
Have more feeding questions?Go to Feeding Expert
Keep learning about your baby's development every week
- Expert nutrition guidance for your pregnancy
- Weekly updates on how your baby is developing and growing
- Up to $329† in membership benefits