Drag to read about a different week.
Can you feel that? That’s your baby moving.
Your baby’s development
Alive and kicking!
Measuring about 6 inches, your baby is about the length of an eggplant, and weighs about half a pound.
Your baby’s skin thickens and develops layers under the vernix, and her hair and nails continue to grow.
Your nutrition and health
Eating healthy now can mean a healthy baby later.
Even though you’re 20 weeks into your pregnancy, you still have plenty of time to make healthy nutrition changes that can make a difference.
Health benefits of good nutrition may include:
- Brain and cognitive development
- Growth and body composition
- Metabolic programming
- Cognitive and educational performance
- Physical strength and immunity
- Future risk for diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and high blood pressure
Read more about what emerging science says about the benefits of good nutrition during pregnancy.